Damage To Rear Seat Of Grand Voyager

Glynis

Hi

I wanted to find out if anyone else has had an issue with their Voyager's rear seat.

I have a 63 plate voyager, bought from new from a well known dealer in Chelmsford who lost the franchise in February 2017.

Just before that happened in November 2016 my vehicle went to them for its annual service and its first MOT.  It was still in warranty and I showed them a problem I had with the strap which retracted the head restraint on the rear seat.  The strap no longer formed a loop and was fraying at the sides.  They said they would contact Chrysler about it.  Some months later and following a number of calls from me it transpired that they had decided it was driver error and had not bothered to tell me.  I contacted Chrysler in Italy who also didn't bother to tell me.  I disputed this and eventually last week they suggested I take it to another dealer and get their opinion.  This I did - again a well known name close to Ilford town centre.  They also considered it was driver error due to the plastic surround now being broken, but that was the first I had seen of it.  I'm not sure how I was supposed to have achieved this damage as the seat stows completely in the floor and the strap is located on the top edge of the seat.  Chrysler Italy suggested to the dealer that they put a goodwill application in to have the work done and they experienced real problems finding the code to do so - I guess because it happens so often!!!!! 

The vehicle is used privately and the seats are only stowed rarely.  I have technically been unable to use the seventh seat as I can't put the head rest up in case the strap breaks altogether.

I have now heard from Chrysler Italy that they will not fix the problem.  I am totally disgusted as we have been driving a Voyager since 2004 and find it is the only decent seven seater.

Has anyone else come across this problem?