My New Bella!

MikeyRules

Question

Well thought I'd start a new thread now I've actually got the car home and have started doing some rebranding and modifications to track the progress and help others who fancy going down this route.

As bought/standard:

Rear Badge removed:

Standard head unit:

New Sat Nav / DVD / TV / WI-FI /Rear view camera head unit: (I'm still waiting on this and hope to have it installed before Xmas)

New Momo Design black grill:

I'm now waiting on a new Lancia Airbag, Sill plates, rear badge and 4 hub caps, ah and a set of mats...

Hi Gents - Apologies - Have been away for the last month or so with work etc. Gotta pay for the cars somehow!

Anyway better late than never - Heres a quick shot of the "Martini" Sill strips I had made up - Apols for the grubby car - Mrs Nello has been using it!

You can also see the Illuminated Door Sills - Not plumbed them in yet - TBH bit of a pain to fit but they look quite smart - or will do once done!

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u241/yardelli/P1011472_zps95701d21.jpg  

Poor shot of grubby wheels but these are the (very) cheap modified Chrysler wheel centres - wings removed. Stick on Lancia badges that have stayed firm for several months now. I liked the Black/Chrome as it goes with my paint.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u241/yardelli/P1011473_zps88b8cfb0.jpg

Finally .............. Its been cold!  :D  :P

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u241/yardelli/P1011439_zps47c74958.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u241/yardelli/P1011440_zps35191506.jpg

Edited by Nello

Whey Hey as Cheggers would say! Welcome back fella!

I'm in Qatar at the moment looking for Project Mgt work at the mo, where the day time temps have been circa 28c with clear blue sky's... So no frosty shots or Italian cars to be found here lol!

Those Martini stripes look pretty good... What sort of price were they and is the guy able to do some more? Rosso's looking into some chrome style ones but they potentially will be in the £65 plus bracket!

Hi Mike - they were £10.85 for the pair! I'm sure the guy would do more.......... He basically designed them around what I wanted - just stick over the Chrysler badge. 

You can hardly see it unless you are very close as the Chrysler wording is slightly raised. I'll dig out his details if anyones interested................. 

I think they particularly suit my car as its white.....

Edited by Nello

Hi Chaps

There is another Lancia Delta on the streets of Great Britain.

I cannot believe now quickly the grill arrived from Bella Italia and i just could not wait to get it fitted. So i removed the bumper as per your very good instructions Nello and fitted the new grill which looks great.

The outside of car is now complete just the inside to sort now. Still looking for an airbag but not found one cheap enough at the moment and i like the look of the Martini door sills Nello so would be grateful for any info about them.

Cheers

post-338-0-90587500-1423351319_thumb.jpg

post-338-0-33751500-1423351331_thumb.jpg

Tried to have a go at the airbag today left car off for 15 minutes disconnected the battery left whilst I washed it for the first time since Xmas then tried to waggle a screwdriver in one side without success. As I was under pressure with other things I gave up as I couldn't feel the sprung bar and didn't have much time. Not a good thing to do in a hurry. Really difficult to judge where to poke the screwdriver tbh even given the markers on the cover the angle is anyone's guess Edited by Rossocorsa

Rosso as I said in my previous post about the airbag removal... When you insert the frat blade screw driver angle the tip towards the dashboard and you should be able to feel the bar. Once pressed firmly you should hear the airbag unclip and pop forward slightly.

The trick is to firm and apply enough pressure to release the clip on each side...

Great to see/hear paskey  :D  Not my time of the month yet Mike  :P  Anyway I've emailed the chap I got the Martini Stripes made up from guys and will let you know what he says.....

Am I still the only one who has/prefers the original style grille then  :ph34r:  I'm also looking for a cheap Airbag gents so would appreciate a full how-to......... I'm just trying to get off the plastic passenger sill to cut the hole for the illuminated sill that side but the Italian "instruction's" don't mention anything about the bonnet release handle which appears to be in the way? Anyone know if the handle just pulls off?

Anyone who has already changed their Airbag.......... Can you look at the Chrysler one and see how the Chrysler badge is fixed? Is it just glued in (if you can tell?)

Want to pull mine off for now - though slightly worried about it blowing up!

You can't really tell as once it's off you still can't see behind the front cover as the electronics and airbag are in the way... 

Prize it off...What could possibly go wrong!? :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuFgUiRuFYA

Anyone who has already changed their Airbag.......... Can you look at the Chrysler one and see how the Chrysler badge is fixed? Is it just glued in (if you can tell?)

Want to pull mine off for now - though slightly worried about it blowing up!

Wouldn't bother if I was you because the front cover has a deliberate weak spot in the centre where it is designed to split if the airbag deploys, if you have to lever at it with any force it might split the airbag cover Edited by Rossocorsa

Well decided to give the car a quick wash today as there was a break in the rain. So once relatively clean I took some snaps to show progress made so far.

Interior: The dash from this angle actually looks ok

From here you can see the gear stick surround doesn't fit

Edited by MikeyRules

Hmm I might get a black gear knob if one comes up, but no hurry and that will probably be it.... I'm happy to keep the rest of the car silver as I like the two tone effect and don't want everything too dark.

Yes the floor mats are for an automatic... I'd already left positive feedback before I realised and left it too late to return them. However they work ok, were cheap as chips and don't get in the way so I'll keep them for now.

Fitted the key fob badges this evening... Neil did you remove the Chrysler wings from the back? I did but obviously they leave an indentation where they were... I might get some replacement key shells as they're easily available.

Disaster after a gargantuan struggle managed to get the airbag to release only to find that the one I have doesn't fit :-( it's absolutely identical and same manufacturer except the terminals for the centre aren't the same so back to the drawing board not sure I'll change it now as can't risk another wrong part turning up its just money poured straight down the drain

Ouch! Feeling your pain Rosso!

I'm not sure how the connections can be different as the airbag is the same for the Ypsilon and Delta!?

Sometimes on more basic models they used to use single stage airbags rather than dual stage, but I thought this had now stopped as safety is classed as standard?

Where did you get it from and was it advertised for a new Delta?

Done a bit of digging, it's for an ypsilon so there you go! Identical to look at but different connection on the back. It was advertised as delta but such is life! Anyone know anybody who needs one for a rebadged ypsilon? The ypsilon bag is much cheaper to buy from fiat so must have different internals in the same outer.