End of the road (sadly)

RichardM

Question

Well after trying everything I can think of it's time to say goodbye to my favorite vehicle!

I've lived with spraying cold start when trying to start the engine when  it's hot but cannot live with the stalling whilst driving - too dangerous with no brakes and steering the Hulk would struggle with, so now searching for replacement. Pity, love the car, great performance great space, great comfort but too dangerous. Plus may get brownie points from her indoors as she claims it's toobig for her to drive.

1 answer to this question

That's a shame mate, but it's not just inconvenient stalling hey, as you say ruddy dangerous!

I thought ours was a gonner last week, flat battery several times, I thought parasitic drain, and I'm REALLY not interested in tracking that down.

However, I had the battery checked at our local battery suppliers, and a day after being on charge for 24 hours it was 10.6 volts, bad enough, but only 130 cranking amps!!!!!!! So it's toast.

The label has gone, but I remember it was from Tayna batteries in Wales, as we were on holiday in Abergele at the time where they were based, most probably one of their "Powerline" model 096R, so should be around 630 cold cranking amps!!

So when we are back from holibobs, I will reluctantly have to stump up for one, humbug!!!